Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dear Lord it's a needle!

So i don't really know what i'm doing yet here, but i thought as part of my cancer recovery i would reach out in hopes that someone going through the same things as me knows they're not alone.  I had my surgery back in June and it's been a hell of a roller coaster ride since.  My doctors and I still haven't gotten my thyroid pills in order and it could be awhile unfortunately.  So i'm sittin steady at about a 27 TSH la dee la and I guess my other levels are low too.  I'm almost maxed out on my thyroid pills and just as i'm starting to feel hopeless I hear a little voice in my head (what my mother would say) " Giving up already? That's not the person I raised, the Sierra I know would make this cancer her bitch."  So I thought to myself, you're right ma, this is my body, my life, my health, and i'll be damned if something or someone compromises that without my approval.  Considering I would never in a million give that approval to anyone anywhere anytime I figured it was time to take back my life, in a bear hug, death cholk hold, arm bar sort of way.  My LIFE is on my TERMS.  This was yesterday, and dammit I felt good today.  I will give you my background later but this is so much more exciting.  My first step in defeating this awful trespassor..... NEEDLES! That's right folks, Acupuncture and other TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). I made the appointment this morning and went in this afternoon.  Though my condition is more severe than they've seen, it's definatly do-able and i'm all for it!! So I said "Go ahead and poke me!" (my boyfriend wanted me to rephrase this but it's all about reality on this blog and that's really what I said).  Instantly needles in the neck, CRAZY!!! Felt like my muscles in my neck turns into a tropical thunderstorm, kinda cool actually.  Didn't hurt and was really relaxing.  Were going to do this once a week for awhile and i'm looking forward to it! He also put me on Jin Gui Shen Qi Wan, 10 pills morning and night.  Supposedly the combo of herbal and acupuncture is key! I'm game considering nothing has really worked thus far.  I will definately keep you posted and i'm so excited to start spilling my beans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment